“Boom Boom Pow” is a hit song by the Black Eyed Peas released as the lead single from their upcoming album The E.N.D.. The song uses the auto-tune vocal effect, and blends the genres of dance pop, electro-hop and hip hop. The song is themed with a futuristic feel.
The single sold 465,000 downloads in its first week of digital release, the third-largest number of download sales in a single week overall, and the largest single-week and debut-download totals by a group in the history of digital-download sales tracking, reaching #1 on the U.S.Billboard Hot 100 and Pop 100. It became the group’s first U.S. #1.
It sold another 335,000 downloads in the U.S. in its second week of release, 259,000 in its third week, 226,000 in its fourth, 212,000 in its fifth and 215,000 in its sixth, bringing its total U.S. sales to 1,717,000 in six weeks. This made it the second-fastest song to hit the one million mark in paid downloads, the first being Flo Rida’s “Right Round”, which did it in two weeks.
Thanks to its digital downloads and massive radio airplay, the song has topped the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 for six consecutive weeks, making it the Black Eyed Peas’ most successful U.S. single to date. The song has also charted internationally and reached #1 in Canada as well.
An E.P. of remixes entitled “Invasion of Boom Boom Pow – Megamix E.P.” was released on May 5, 2009.
- “Let the Beat Rock” (Boys Noize Megamix featuring 50 Cent) — 3:29
- “Let the Beat Rock” (Boys Noize Megamix featuring Gucci Mane) — 3:09
- “Boom Boom Style” (Zuper Blahq Megamix featuring Kid Cudi) — 3:37
- “Boom Boom Guetta” (David Guetta’s Electro Hop Remix) — 4:01
- “Boom Boom Wow” (D.J. will.i.am Megamix) — 4:12
- “Boom Boom Boom” (D.J. Ammo/Poet Named Life Megamix) — 5:48
- The E.P. also includes a digital booklet
Including remixes by Busta Rhymes, Fatman Scoop, Flo Rida and Party Rock (and many others not included here)